Pottawattamie County Development Corporation
The Pottawattamie County Development Corporation was formed in 1997 and focuses solely on the redevelopment of underutilized or contaminated property, acting to acquire, remediate and prepare for development land that would not be privately feasible to assemble.
The Pottawattamie County Development Corporation has had quite an impact on Council Bluffs. PCDC's first project was working with the City of Council Bluffs and the Council Bluffs Area Chamber of Commerce on the then proposed expansion of Griffin Pipe. The expansion would not have been possible without the purchase of additional land east of the plant that was contaminated with lead. PCDC acquired the land and remediated the contamination to allow for the Griffin expansion, which resulted in 50 new jobs and more than $30 million in investment.
Since that time, PCDC has participated in multiple other projects, including the cleanup of the old city wastewater treatment plant, demolition of the old 30 Club property, the clearance of property around ConAgra Frozen Foods, the conversion of the Bennett Building into senior apartments and the clearance of property for the West Broadway entrance.
These projects and others are done in partnership with the City of Council Bluffs, Pottawattamie County, the Iowa West Foundation, and the private sector.
Board of Directors
- Bobbette Behrens, Koestner McGivern & Associates
- Kelly Carman, Schnackel Engineers Inc.
- Renee Coughlin, Iowa Western Community College
- Doug Goodman, Clear Title and Abstract, LLC
- Edd Leach, Leach Camper Sales
- Gary Matters, Frontier Savings Bank
- Brian Rasmussen, Rasmussen Mechanical Services
- Tony Tauke, Porter, Tauke & Ebke
- Ron Tekippe, HGM Associates, Inc.
For more information, please contact: