The Council Bluffs Area Chamber of Commerce is a proud partner with the Iowa West Foundation. With their financial support, the CB Chamber is able to bring valuable workforce programming to area residents.
The CB Career Acceleration Program is focused on residents that are currently under or unemployed and are looking to start a skilled career.
The CB Career Acceleration Program provides opportunities for participants to receive assistance as they search for a new occupation.
The program will provide support for each participant either during this workforce-ready workshop or by helping them get enlisted in a local continuing education course in the career path of their choice.
If you have completed a course certification with IWCCs Education 2 Employment or with AIM Institute, please indicate that during your registration.
WHAT THE CB CHAMBER WILL DO:
- Creating a LinkedIn Profile – and completing the Rock Your Profile video
- Opportunity to receive a LinkedIn Learning subscription for up to one year. (If you have completed a course from E2E or AIM Institute.)
- If LinkedIn Learning is requested and granted those individuals will get an overview and orientation on LinkedIn Learning and the course material, they are expected to complete.
- Overview of proper interview technique and appropriate clothing
- Assistance with creating or updating their resume
- Resumes will be shared with local hiring managers, and you are guaranteed an interview (If you have completed a course from E2E or AIM Institute.)
- One year of check-ins, and assistance
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
- Current resume (If you don’t have one, please check our Resume Prep Guide here to see what information you need to bring with you to create your resume.)
- Headshot (Indicate in registration if you don't have one.)
- Laptop (Indicate in registration if you don't have one.)
- Certificate of course completion (If applicable.)
- Onboarding sheet from E2E (if applicable.)
- Must be actively seeking to enter the workforce or advance in a new career
- Interested in working in Pottawattamie County or the surrounding area
- Must be eligible to legally work in the United States
** We require 5 participants to have the orientation. If there are fewer you'll be notified and moved to the following month.