The Council Bluffs Area Chamber of Commerce is a proud partner with the Iowa West Foundation. With their financial support, the CB Chamber is able to bring valuable workforce programming to area residents.
The CB Career Acceleration Program is focused on residents that are currently under or unemployed and are looking to start a skilled career.
The CB Career Acceleration Program provides opportunities for participants to receive assistance as they search for a new occupation.
The program will provide support for each participant either during this workforce-ready workshop or by helping them get enlisted in a local continuing education course in the career path of their choice.
WHAT THE CB CHAMBER WILL DO:
- Conduct a Work Ready Workshop.
- Creating a LinkedIn Profile – and complete the Rock Your Profile video.
- Add participants to the CB Chamber support LinkedIn group.
- Overview of proper interview technique and appropriate clothing.
- Assist in updating participants’ resumes.
- Resumes will be shared with local hiring managers
- Work Ready Workshop recommendation letter from Alicia Frieze, Workforce Development Director.
- One year of check-ins and assistance.
- Must be actively seeking to enter the workforce or advance a new career
- Interested in working in Pottawattamie County or the surrounding area
- Must be eligible to legally work in the United States
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
- Current resume
- Headshot (indicate in registration if you don't have one.)
- Laptop (if you have one, if not please email Alicia Frieze | email@example.com)
Please check the calendar for event dates and to register. This is a FREE program.
** We require 5 participants to have the orientation. If there are fewer you'll be notified and moved to the following month.