Iowa Workers and unemployed persons impacted by COVID-19 have the opportunity to obtain American Red Cross first aid, CPR, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogen certifications courtesy of the Iowa Workforce Development Earn & Learn grant!
If you are unemployed, partially unemployed, or unable to report for work due to COVID-19 related issues you may be eligible for this free blended online/in-person training. A limited number of unemployed participants will receive a $100 stipend for participating.
Stuck in quarantine for two weeks unable to work or caring for someone? If your employer will pay your hourly wage then take the online training now and and complete the in-person component when you're free.
Did your employees miss work earlier this year or are missing time now due to COVID-19? If you can get your workers a few hours on the clock this is a great opportunity to upskill your team. If you have several workers who may qualify contact us and we can bring a class to you.
Save money on this OSHA-compliant training, better prepare your organization for emergencies, and get your team ready to deal with potentially infectious materials going forward. Additional details regarding eligibility include:
Unemployed, partially unemployed, or unable to work because of a COVID-19 related reason per section 2102(a)(3)(A)(ii)(l) of the CARES Act, including:
- Individual diagnosed with COVID-19 or experiencing symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis,
- A member of the individual's household was diagnosed with COVID-19,
- Individual is providing care for a family member of a member of the individual's household who has been diagnosed with COVID-19,
- A child or other person in the household for which the individual has primary caregiving responsibility is unable to attend school or another facility due to a COVID-19 public health emergency closure and such school or facility care is required for the individual to work,
- Individual is unable to reach the place of employment because of a quarantine imposed as a direct result of the COVID-19 public health emergency,
- Individual has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19,
- Individual was scheduled to commence employment and does not have a job or is unable to reach the job as a direct result of the COVID-19 public health emergency,
- Individual has become a breadwinner or major support for a household because the head of the household has direct as a direct result of COVID-19,
- Individual has to quit his or her job as a direct result of COVID-19,
- Individual's place of employment is closed as a direct result of the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Participants will be required to self-certify that they meet one or more of these criteria or another qualified situation in order to complete classroom training. Employed participants must receive wages from their employer for the duration of the training in order to qualify. A limited number of $100 stipends are available to unemployed participants completing training in order to cover the costs associated with the attending the course.