The Administrative Coordinator is the recording secretary for boards and committees, coordinates office and administrative functions, and directly assists and reports to the Iowa West Foundation President & CEO.
- Primary support of and liaison between the President/CEO and Board members;
- For all board-related meetings: prepares agenda; sends notices; plans and attends meetings as directed; prepares and finalizes meeting minutes; appropriately handles confidential information and correspondence;
- Coordinates and implements logistics for Board retreats, conferences and travel;
- Assists with scheduling and maintaining appointments and travel of the President/CEO;
- Provides administrative assistance to President/CEO and, as needed, to IWF staff;
- Prepares correspondence for review and signature of the President/CEO as needed;
- Reviews outgoing reports and general documents for accuracy and completeness;
- Maintains a calendar of staff PTO and planned absences;
- Makes administrative decisions; monitors and addresses needs related to the physical office environment;
- Serves as primary office contact for all business-related vendors; maintains and tracks vendor contracts.
- Analyzes office needs and recommends effective and economical practices; monitors and orders office supplies;
- Receives visitors and opens and distributes mail;
- Extensive daily use of Microsoft Word and Excel, moderate use of PowerPoint;
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Minimum of 5 years executive administrative support or office management experience;
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite software;
- Effective communicator with exceptional listening, writing and proofreading skills and experience drafting executive-level correspondence and board communication;
- Level-headed and detail oriented; has strong interpersonal communication skills and relates well to individuals at all levels, including Board members, the general public and agencies with whom IWF interacts and/or conducts business;
- Well organized, with excellent multi-tasking skills and proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Professional demeanor with a clear understanding of the importance of positively representing the Iowa West Foundation in all situations;
- Highly skilled in efficient organization of meetings and retreats;
- Basic knowledge of, and experience with, office information systems and technology.
by March 7. Finalists will be asked to submit a writing sample. Initial interviews will be conducted via Zoom;
finalists will have an in-person interview at the work location, Iowa West Foundation offices at 4201 River’s Edge Parkway in Council Bluffs.