POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT – start August 2023
ISD is located on a 115 acre campus located on the southern edge of Council Bluffs, Iowa. The campus is within 15 minutes of downtown Omaha, Nebraska. ISD serves students from the states of Iowa and Nebraska.
Teacher of the Deaf – Art
Come inspire creativity and a passion for art in students of every age here at Iowa School for the Deaf.
Send resume, cover letter, credentials, transcripts, etc to Human Resources; Iowa School for the Deaf; 3501 Harry Langdon Blvd.; Council Bluffs, IA 51503-7898. Or attached to an email to: email@example.com
for more information. View general school information and job description on ISD’s web page: www.iowaschoolforthedeaf.org
The Art teacher position requires
- an Iowa teaching license with the K-8 Art Endorsement and 5-12 Art Endorsement; candidate would also be expected to get the Birth-21 Deaf/Hard of Hearing endorsement. OR
- any Iowa teaching license and the conditional K-8 Art Endorsement and conditional 5-12 Art Endorsement; candidate would also be expected to get the Birth-21 Deaf/Hard of Hearing endorsement. In order to qualify for a conditional endorsement, you must have at least half of the requirements for the endorsement completed.
See the Iowa Board of Educational Examiner’s webpage: www.state.ia.us/boee/
for information on Iowa licensing and endorsement requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for providing a quality educational program.
- Formulates appropriate educational objectives, activities, and evaluations.
- Reports student growth and programs to parents periodically.
- Maintains discipline within the classroom.
- Facilitates implementation of the School’s Communication Policy.
To be considered, an applicant must possess or have the ability to obtain an Iowa Teacher’s Certificate, which includes the endorsements noted above. Additional endorsements are beneficial.
Experience working with the Deaf and experience working with youth are strongly preferred.
Applicants must possess the ability to reach the level of sign language proficiency designated for the position within the time frame established by the school's Sign Language Policy.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be determined by the successful applicant’s educational and teaching experience. (BA degree - $48,000-$67,000; MA degree – $56,000-$87,000) Opportunities to coach/sponsor extra-curricular activities. Comprehensive benefits available.
These are full-time, school year positions (191 day contract for first year; subsequent years are 189 day contracts).
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
The Iowa School for the Deaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
A Board of Regents, State of Iowa School.