Council Bluffs Chamber of Commerce
Job Description - Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
General Function: The CEO provides strategic direction, vision, and management for the programs and personnel of the Chamber. They demonstrate expertise in strategic planning, member engagement, sales and services, program management, economic development, public policy, non-profit governance and operations, finance and accounting, public speaking and fundraising. They are responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations of the Chamber, and have full responsibility for profit and loss, fiscal stability and compliance. They will be a dynamic leader with the ability to build relationships to manage current programs while developing new initiatives and partnerships with businesses and community organizations to achieve the current and long-range goals and objectives of meeting the Chamber’s membership and community needs. They will also perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Reporting: The CEO reports to the Chamber’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
• Strategic Planning and Implementation: At the direction of the Board, the CEO assists in the creation and implementation of the strategic plan for the Chamber.
• Members Services and Sales: The CEO is responsible for the overall performance of membership activities, including membership acquisition, stewardship and retention.
• Program Management: The CEO oversees and assesses the schedule, design, budget, implementation, evaluation, and appropriate adjustments for the Chamber’s programs and events. Program management to include implementation of workforce ecosystem program.
• Employee / Board Management: The CEO is responsible for recruitment, screening, hiring, motivating, evaluation, and leadership of all Chamber employees. The CEO will maintain positive, professional, engaging relationships with the Chamber Board.
• Economic Development: The CEO is responsible for the Chamber’s role in economic development, including business retention/expansion, infrastructure, workforce/education, health and safety, civic innovation, and collaboration with city and county governmental agencies and other economic development organizations.
• Public Policy: The CEO assists in the representation of the Chamber on a variety of public policy issues at the local, state, and federal levels which require him/her to assist in developing platforms, messaging, advocacy channels and strategic relationships.
• Non-profit Governance and Operations: The CEO ensures the Board, governance bodies, and volunteer leaders are actively engaged and aligned to support the Chamber’s mission and activities, and serves on designated Board committee(s) as a Chamber resource.
• Finance and Accounting: The CEO ensures the Chamber establishes and follows generally accepted accounting and financial practices that provide organizational safety and soundness, achieve budget targets, sustain operations, and grow capacity for new initiatives.
• Public Relations/Outreach: The CEO is responsible for maintaining the Chamber’s dynamic, positive, and forward-thinking public image, including strategies for marketing, communications, public speaking, and relations with members, the community and media.
• Fundraising: The CEO oversees the Chamber’s philanthropic relations, donor engagement, grant writing and program growth.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strategic vision with extensive and nuanced skills to drive change management, mission fulfilment and operational outcomes.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
• Broad knowledge of industry acumen, entrepreneurship and innovation.
• Strong understanding of the political landscape for change and collaboration with civic leadership and partner organizations.
• Demonstrated skills in human resource development, team building and performance management.
• Adept at coalition building, relationship management and negotiating complex agreements.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills with members, potential members, elected officials, outside organizations, media outlets and the Board.
• Possesses and demonstrates high standards of integrity, work ethic, trustworthiness and personal responsibility.
• Education: Bachelor’s required. Master’s degree is preferred, but related experience will be considered in lieu of academic credentials.
• Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of successful experience in executive management and leadership positions within the private, public or non-profit sectors.
• Background: Applicants with a personal and/or professional connection and experience in Council Bluffs or southwest Iowa preferred.
• Residence. Successful applicants will reside in southwest Iowa at the time of hire or within one (1) year of employment offer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Chamber is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The Chamber does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact Judd Knispel at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call Judd at (402) 201-5891.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please send your updated resume and completed CEO Applicant Questionnaire to Judd Knispel at email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact Judd at (402) 201-5891.
Council Bluffs Chamber of Commerce
CEO Applicant Questionnaire