Job Title: Taproom Manger
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Located at the Plaza in the Mid-America Center in Council Bluffs, Iowa, within walking distance of Bass Pro Shops, The Field House indoor sporting complex, the Mid-America Center, Horseshoe Casino, and multiple hotels and restaurants, Full Fledged Brewing Company is the first ever craft brewery in Council Bluffs, and features an immaculate onsite tap room. Full Fledged also features an extensive variety of craft beer on tap for guests to enjoy on premise or to take home, as well as wine, and cider. The ideal candidate for this position will be focused on hospitality, the best possible guest experience and educating patrons on craft beer, our brewing process, our focus on community, and the growth of our brand.
This dynamic position plays a critical role within a young and exciting company. The Taproom Manager assists with the development and implementation of customer service and front of house operations as well as office and administrative assistance. The ideal candidate will be a team player and have experience in managing a high-volume bar or restaurant with an emphasis on customer service and providing a positive, memorable environment and experience for our guests, community, and team members. Passion for craft beer and the brewing process is a big plus.
As the Taproom Manager, this position is responsible for providing friendly, attentive, and timely service to create an exceptional experience for all guests. Monitors tap room inventory and takes appropriate action. Additionally, you will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members. Planning, organizing and managing events, including live music, food trucks and our private event room.
Reports directly to Ownership.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Required Skills and Experience
- Maintain a welcoming, friendly, educational, exciting, and inviting experience in a craft brewery.
- Set high standards for customer service, employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, and professional appearance.
- Excellent people skills; able to project a friendly and helpful manner at all times.
- Generate a friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet and speak to customers.
- Manage tasting room team members effectively, schedule staffing needs efficiently.
- Maintain a team leader as well as a team player attitude with staff, other managers and owners.
- Maintain a clean, safe, healthy, and sustainable tasting room environment for guests and staff.
- Meet and exceed tasting room financial objectives as they relate to overall brewery goals.
- POS use and troubleshooting.
- Proper cleaning and maintaining of draft equipment, bar, and tasting room areas.
- Coordinate with Owners for beer releases, staff education, and event planning.
- Merchandise selection participation and inventory management, forecasting, and ordering.
- Must be willing to work weekends, evenings, and events. Hours to generally coincide with open tap room hours.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 2+ years in a Restaurant/Bar/Tasting Room Management position.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to build & maintain relationships with employees, guests, and vendors.
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-motivated.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- High level of craft beer product knowledge.
Must be physically able to safely move, roll, lift with another person, kegs weighing up to 165 pounds slightly off the ground onto a keg rack or hand truck using proper lifting techniques. Exert up to 50 pounds of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Hospitality, or related field.
- Experience in high volume taproom/restaurant/bar.
- Experience in event coordination.
- Experience with scheduling staff.
- Experience with Ekos Brewmaster
This is a fast-paced work environment dealing directly with the public. Possible equipment and beer keg movement. Hazards and exposure to cleaning chemicals and solvents. Exposure to cold conditions when working/changing kegs in walk-in cooler.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Beer kegs, keg couplers, draft lines, drat beer taps, point of sales system and terminals, computer, glass washing equipment, ice machine.
Full Fledged Brewing Company is a full-fledged equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of any characteristic protected by law that includes, but is not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
- Pay dependent on experience
- Accrue earned vacation after 1 year