Children's Square is currently seeking a Maintenance Tech I to perform the daily tasks necessary to maintain the agency facilities in a clean, sanitary and aesthetic manner. He or she will also evaluate facilities for maintenance and housekeeping needs and notify other staff as appropriate. He or she may perform light repairs as needed. The successful candidate will assist with grounds upkeep.
- Perform normal cleaning tasks as outlined on the Daily Checklists, including but not limited to the following; sweeping, mopping, dusting, window cleaning, and vacuuming. Keep vents, blinds, windowsills, and ceilings free from dust.
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms, toilets, and kitchen areas. Restock paper towels and toilet paper where appropriate.
- Change light bulbs and clean and replace light covers as needed.
- Remove trash from assigned areas and transport to designated area. Perform sanitation and cleaning of trash bins as needed.
- Maintain work and storage areas in a clean and organized manner. Restock supplies as needed.
- As requested, assist in set up for meetings by arranging tables and chairs. Restore rooms to normal arrangement after meetings.
- Keep all foyers, entryways, and exterior walks clean, tidy, and aesthetically pleasing. This includes snow removal from sidewalk.
- Ensure that buildings are secure before leaving the campus.
- Assist with the maintenance of buildings and building systems. Make light repairs such as painting and patching walls, in response to identified needs and safety issues that arise. Assess facilities including the entryways for additional repairs or maintenance needs. Communicate needs to Supervisor or other staff as appropriate.
- Complete all documentation required in a timely manner, including Daily Checklists, maintenance Requests, Incidents Reports, etc.
- Assist with maintenance of campus grounds including weeding, trimming, pruning, planting, mulching, and snow removal.
- Work effectively with other staff, children and families served, and outside parties. Conduct work to ensure least disruptive of program services.
- Actively participate in team meetings and promote a positive working environment.
- Complete training necessary for position.
- Promote a positive team and work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to interact with clients and children with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics in the service population
- Valid driver's license with a driving record that is insurable under agency’s insurance
- Reading, writing and math skills. Ability to read agency policies/procedures and other documents for successful performance of position
- Experience in housekeeping services or maintenance is preferred
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, and the ability to read labels and SDS, and compute volume ratios to properly mix cleaning chemicals.
- Knowledge and ability to operate vacuum cleaners, buffers, and other cleaning equipment.
- General knowledge of health standards is preferred.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with the general public, vendors, contractors and the staff and population of the agency is necessary.
- Flexibility in learning additional skills
- Ability to work in a team environment that emphasizes cross-training, information sharing and continuing education.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self motivated.