Children's Square is looking to add a candidate to the Maintenance Technician position! The candidate will perform the daily tasks necessary to maintain a safe, clean, aesthetic environment in accordance with licensing, accreditation, regulatory, and agency standards.
Currently seeking both part and full-time positions!
- Perform daily inspections and safety walks of grounds, inspecting for such items as trash, holes, exterior lighting, sprinkler system breaks, sidewalks, exterior vandalism, condition of play equipment and park area.
- Maintain the grounds of the agency including but not limited to; cutting grass, raking, pruning, planting, limited application of fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides, concrete repairs, sprinkler system repairs and adjustment, edging, weeding, exterior lighting repairs and upkeep, gutters, splash guards, picking up grass clippings and branches, flags are in good repair, no graffiti on property, rake park area daily in fair weather. Winter maintenance includes snow and ice removal
- Remove trash from assigned areas and transport to dumpster. Maintain trash collection areas in a manner that is clean and in good repair. Wash out trash receptacles as needed.
- Maintain agency floors, (carpet, vct, ceramic tile, etc) in appropriate manner that meets expectations in the areas of safety, cleanliness, and aesthetics. Follow schedule for floor care.
- Maintain agency equipment used to complete assigned duties in good working order.
- As assigned, conduct timely repairs to Agency property in response to identified needs through Maintenance Requests, and as a response to safety issues that arise.
- As assigned, maintain the buildings and building systems including but not limited to the following; boiler, air conditioner, furnace operation and maintenance, lighting systems, interior and exterior structural repair, patching and painting.
- Ability to effectively work as a back up to the other Operations Team members.
- Complete all documentation required in a timely manner, including Daily Checklists, Maintenance Requests, Incidents Reports, Vehicle Inspections etc.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical training and/or experience in general construction, grounds maintenance, and building maintenance. Training or experience in a particular craft such as carpentry and heating and cooling is desirable.
- Knowledge of floor care chemicals, and the ability to read labels, and compute volume ratios to properly mix chemicals
- Good communication skills and ability to work with the general public, vendors, contractors, and the staff and population of the agency is necessary
- Flexibility to learn and implement additional skills to be able to operate in a teamwork environment that emphasizes cross-training, information sharing, and continuing education
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- A valid driver's license and positive driving record
- Ability to interact with clients and children with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences in the service population.