Looking to advance your career, not just have a job? Are you interested in an evolving role in an exciting and entrepreneurial company with room for growth? How about a dynamic work environment with the opportunity to work with colleagues across the country?
At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our team members and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our retirement professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing team members with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
Summary of what you’ll be responsible for:
As a member of the Defined Benefit Plan Team located in Omaha, NE, an Actuarial Analyst completes pension plan and/or post-retirement medical actuarial valuations, including: programming and running ProVal; completes valuation work papers and gain/loss analysis; drafts valuation reports and other client presentation material. Also designs and revises benefit calculation programs as needed, drafts governmental filings and completes special projects as assigned.
The details of what you’ll handle:
If you’re the right person for this opportunity, you will have:
- Program and run ProVal.
- Complete valuation work papers and performs gain/loss analysis for pension plans and/or post-retirement medical plans.
- Draft valuation reports for pension plans and/or post-retirement medical plans and other client presentation materials and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain current industry knowledge by researching issues and reading trade journals.
- Prepare participant benefit statements and listings.
- Complete special projects including client presentation material, as requested.
- Prepare draft Schedule B (Form 5500) and PBGC forms.
- Design and revises benefit calculation programs as needed.
- Prepare FASB reports and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Corresponds and meet with appropriate client contacts.
What We Offer:
HUB offers our team members a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. We want team members to feel empowered and appreciated in the workplace and have instituted several initiatives to help achieve that goal. We know that highly trained and conscientious team member are on the front line of client service and we strive to provide team members with an environment that fosters growth, satisfaction and creativity.
Personal & Family Benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, finance or equivalent.
- At least two years of experience.
- ASA or EA designation preferred.
- Knowledge of defined benefit plans and pension regulations.
- Knowledge of programming languages, software applications and data base management systems.
- Ability to look for ways to improve processes or efficiencies within the department.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to program and create software.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to be responsive to project timelines and client expectations.
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, holidays and bereavement leave
- Flexible schedules and some ability to work from home
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
Retirement Benefits HUB's 401(k) and profit sharing plan is an important part of your total compensation package that will help you build a more financially secure future. The program is designed to allow you to save money for retirement on a pre-tax or a Roth (after-tax) basis.
Education Benefits The retirement industry is constantly changing and it's vital that our Team member stay current on marketplace trends, new products, certifications and professional designations. Our educational assistance program covers 100% of reasonable costs for classes, courses, seminars, etc. (including tuition, materials and eligible
- Medical, dental and vision
- Life & accident
- Disability plans
- Long-term care
- Cancer & ICU / CCU Plans
fees) that are employment needed certifications and education.
Other Benefits In addition to our core benefits, HUB also offers the following perks:
HUB is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Casual work environment
- Lounge area with free healthy treats every day, including fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, juice, milk and snack items. All food items are available at no charge to Team member.
- Wellness Activities Group (WAG) - Offering special incentives, fun events, lunch seminars and other health-promotion activities.
- Personal Insurance - Team member may purchase home and auto insurance at special group rates, with payroll deduction available for premium payment
- Flexible Spending Account for eligible medical and dependent care expenses
- Ample free parking
To apply for this position, please use this link: