TS Prosperity Group is seeking to hire a Trust Officer. This role oversees the administration of a portfolio of accounts and provides proactive, high-level service to current and prospective clients.
Education and/or experience preferred includes: Possess a four-year college degree from an accredited university or institution with a major area of study in business administration, finance, or comparable discipline. Possess a minimum of 2 to 4 years of professional work experience in fiduciary administration, investment services, or the practice of law. Preference may be given to individuals who have work experience in fiduciary law.
Location of position: Council Bluffs, IA
- Follow firm and industry regulations and operating practices in completing and recording transactions
- Provide continuity of service to all banking clients and business partners
- Complete set ups of new clients in various systems
- Responsible for the development and retention of accounts dealing with estate administration, estate planning, conservatorships and trust administration with the objectives of profit for the bank and quality service to clients
- Administer various fiduciary accounts as provided under the governing instrument in accordance with bank policy, established practice approved procedures and legal constraints; maintain proper paperwork in client files; assist clients with a variety of requests.
- Administer conservatorships of minors and incompetents, in accordance with the wishes of the court system, government agencies, and financial institution policies and procedures.
- Oversee initial fiduciary client onboarding and annual review of fiduciary accounts; contact fiduciary clients to review financial plan; gather relevant data and counsel and advise clients regarding estate planning; assist clients with transferring assets to fiduciary accounts.
- Monitor cash positions for fiduciary accounts and work with investment strategists for the purchase, sale, and retention of assets.
- Review fiduciary documents to ensure they are accurate and complete with all applicable legal requirements.
- Probate wills in accordance with financial institution policies and state laws.
- Appraise and secures assets within the financial institution as directed. Manage real estate, closely held corporations and other situations subject to valuation, in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Gather data for third party service providers regarding client’s tax returns; review completed tax forms and signs when appropriate and pays all taxes due in a timely manner.
- Ensure beneficiaries are properly notified and that assets are distributed according to terms of wills.
- Ensure income is collected, distributed and invested, and that the principal is properly managed, in accordance with agreements.
- Ensure expenses are paid. Communicate to beneficiaries.
- Educate and present to local groups on estate planning, corporate fiduciary services, and financial services that pertain to TS Prosperity Group and the clients we serve.
- Contact potential clients to sell fiduciary and investment management services provided by TS Prosperity Group; speak to prospects about fiduciary and investment products and services.
- Develop new referral leads for TS Prosperity Group with professional networks and centers of influence that result in additional corporate fiduciary accounts.
- Ability to perform all other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all banking and company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees of company and the general public. Must possess good communication skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to operate the following: telephone, personal computer, printer, copy machine, fax machine. Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software programs. Advanced PC knowledge beneficial.
- To effectively perform the job, must have reliable transportation to travel to and from work and other work-related events, meetings, interactions with clients, etc.
- Position may require the ability to work before or after normal business hours, including weekends and overnight travel, to meet required deadlines and attend meetings and/or training programs.
Competitive benefits package:
- Health and dental insurance
- Life insurance package
- Generous PTO and holiday package
- 401K contribution and match
- Professional development expense allowance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time off (VTO)
- Wellness program
TS Banking Group is a covered federal contractor or subcontractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. As such, TS Banking Group is bound by the terms of VEVRAA and Section 503, and shall not discriminate against individuals with disabilities, and is committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
TS Banking Group maintains an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement in employment of qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. As an individual interested in employment with TS Banking Group, or as one of TS Banking Group's valued employees, TS Banking Group welcomes the opportunity to make its employees and applicants more aware of the TS Banking Group's obligations and affirmative efforts. Upon request, TS Banking Group will make accessible to you its Affirmative Action Plan for protected veterans and individuals with a disability. If you are interested, please submit a written request to Angela Avis during the HR Office's operating hours (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.), and we can schedule a time for you to review the Affirmative Action Plan. (Alternatively, a copy of TS Banking Group's Affirmative Action Plan is available electronically on TS Banking Group's intranet site.) Remote employees not physically located at the facility may access the Affirmative Action Plan through the intranet site, or may request a copy of the Affirmative Action Plan for review and return should no internet access be available.