The Chief Clinical Dietitian is responsible for the supervision of clinical dietitians, dietetic interns, and assigned office support staff. Develops and maintains policies and procedures for departmental and inter-departmental nutrition activities. Collaborates with medical staff and food service staff to ensure compliance with standards of nutritional care. Provides medical nutrition therapy in compliance with current Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) Standards of Practice (SOP) and Standards of Professional Performance (SOPP).
- 3 - 5 years previous supervisory experience required, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- 5 years previous clinical experience with patients throughout the aging continuum required.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) required.
- Licensed Dietitian (LD) in the State of Iowa required.
- Licensed Medical Nutrition Therapist (LMNT) in the State of Nebraska preferred.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) membership preferred.
- Valid and current driver's license required.
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Masters Degree preferred.