**$250 Hiring Bonus**
Paid after successfully completing 90 days of employment.
“We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
Are you looking for a career that is meaningful, and provides you with an opportunity to help others? At Heritage Communities, we exist to make lives better for our active residents. If you’re ready to make an impact in the lives of others, we invite you to reach out to us today!
The Cook prepares food ingredients and cooking/plating meals for residents, visitors and associates. The incumbent ensures a superior food and dining services experience, complies with company policies, local, state and federal regulations and supports the advancement of our business strategy. The Cook promotes a positive culture that focuses on our core values of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun for residents and associates.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion, Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Establish and evolve positive relationships with residents, families, associates, OnCare Home Health, regulatory agencies, vendors and third-party providers.
- Follow operational processes, procedures and best practices that meet state requirements and ensure consistent processes are applied throughout the community.
- Ensure proper record keeping practices including inventory, temperature sheets, certifications and training.
- Prepare meals and menu items in accordance with company recipes. Ensure that food flavor, seasoning, texture, presentation, temperature meet high standards of quality.
- Assist with menu or recipe modification based upon food trends, costs, seasonal availability, dietary restrictions and resident preferences.
- Meal preparation to include bake, roast, broil, steam, grille and other methods of preparation.
- Assist with kitchen inventory and ordering of ingredients, supplies and small equipment. Ensure necessary ingredients are available and fresh to minimize spoilage and waste.
- Ensure kitchen and storage areas are organized, clean and sanitary in accordance with cleaning schedule and requirements.
- Ensure food and ingredients are within expiration dates as well as cooled, covered and stored properly.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and hazard-free community environment through the prevention of accidents, preservation of equipment and safe work practices.