- Knowledge of all applicable food codes and regulations, including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) required.
- Knowledge of recipes and special diets required.
- Skilled in various food production methods required, including baking, frying, grilling/charbroiling, sauteing, and steaming.
- Basic math skills required.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers required.
- Able to read, write, and carry out oral and written instructions with accuracy and efficiency required
- Prepares food for patients, visitors, and staff per daily menus, Room Service tickets, and production sheets by following recipes and using appropriate equipment to ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines are met.
Prepares Room Service orders according to recipes and special diets by precisely reading food production tickets to ensure food is prepared accurately and within a designated timeframe.
Assembles final plate presentation with an eye for detail by following Room Service guidelines to ensure patient satisfaction.
Interacts and supports patients, families, hospital staff, and Food Service team with Room Service orders and/or questions on a daily basis in a welcoming and professional manner to ensure excellent customer service.
Maintains a clean and sanitized work environment by following Room Service guidelines to ensure a proper environment for food preparation.
Prepares ingredients for use per departmental standards as planned in cycle and Room Service menus by reading and understanding recipes and gathering necessary ingredients to ensure minimal interruption to service.