The Business Systems EDI Specialist is the main point of contact for customer’s onboarding or support and is responsible for providing functional and technical EDI services for implementation projects. The Business Systems EDI Specialist is responsible for project and/or problem analysis and for identification, implementation, testing, deployment and documentation of the trading partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job.
- Interact with new or existing customers and trading partners to capture and analyze requirements, mapping specifications, project objectives and on-boarding activities through go-live;
- Gather assigned clients’ data, execute implementation guidelines and requirements within the allocated timeframe, while providing appropriate status updates to the client(s);
- Develop and setup project plans, while maintain project documentation and providing time/effort estimates throughout implementation;
- Setup communications for EDI transmissions – including but not limited to: AS2, FTP and VAN setups;
- Mapping documents to and from various formats including but not limited to ANSI X12, XML, and flat file layouts;
- Provide on-going training and technical support to customers, while evaluating impact and analysis for future improvements;
- Troubleshoot and coordinate efficient resolutions and evaluation for errors and issues found internally, or by the customer;
- Effectively build on current support and services by enhancing the performance of the Warren EDI services;
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned, or when current responsibilities are changed with or without notice.
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested by management.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Strong, clear and professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to write technical and operational process documentation, as needed
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction, collaboration and self-learning
- Excellent multi-tasking skills requires to carry out multiple client projects at one time
- Highly collaborative approach with team members, management, and colleagues; must be an active and participative team member committed to the success of the entire team and not just individual goals
- Uses analytical and effective problem solving and decision making to reach an appropriate resolution
- Excellent interpersonal skills in one-on-one situations and groups with all levels of both the internal and customer organizations
- Operational Excellence: Consistently execute on projects, tasks, and other deliverables in an efficient manner; remove, reduce, or effectively navigate processes to prevent unnecessary delays; continuously focus on improving business processes; use data and facts to guide decision making.
- Strategic Thinking: demonstrate awareness of the impact of own work on aspects of the Company's strategy and the impact of the Company's strategy on own work; identifies implications of own analysis.
- Change Leadership/Agility: Adapt appropriately to changing conditions; seek innovative ways to change and improve; provide consistent and calm leadership during times of turbulent or unexpected change; help team members understand perspective and reason changes are necessary.
- Resilience: Continuing to perform effectively when faced with time pressures, adversity, disappointment, or opposition. Remain focused, composed, and optimistic in difficult situations and bounces back from failures or disappointments.
Minimum Experience, Education, and CertiFIcations
- Bachelors’ degree in Business or Technology and at least 3-5 years’ experience, or a combination of related work experience and education that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties, required.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS TO SET YOU APART
- EDI, ERP implementation, or integration experience a plus
- EDI industry knowledge and understanding preferred
- Knowledge of various file transfer protocols: AS2, FTP and VAN
- Knowledge of various EDI standards: ANSI X12 EDI, a plus
Physical Demands OF Essential Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a desk-based job and will require the individual to remain seated for long periods of time and have the manual dexterity to operate standard office equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, phone, copier/scanner, and similar machines.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
- The individual will work primarily in an office setting in the same room as other individuals. Noise levels are average for an office and include conversation and/or office equipment noise.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.