Information Technology Manager
Plans, directs, and coordinates all functions of the technology department including planning, implementation, and delivery of technical computer network; oversees helpdesk services; maintains network file servers; arranges for maintenance and repair of equipment; confers on computer needs and purchases; serves on appropriate committees. Supervises other technology staff; ensures compliance regulations; develops and maintains records and reports.
To apply: Send cover letter and updated resume/credentials, etc. electronically to email@example.com
Under supervision from the Director of Business Operations, delivers IT support for Iowa School for the Deaf and Iowa Educational Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired. Supervises other technology staff members.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
Plans, directs and coordinates all operational concerns regarding the school's information technology:
- Identifies immediate and long-range technology goals and objectives. Develops a plan to meet the needs.
- Plans and implements ongoing technology plan.
- Ensures that resources are available to meet the technology needs of the organization.
- Develops and implements standardized procedures for technology process; i.e. help desk responses; technology replacements/upgrades/maintenance; etc.
- Monitors cyber-security trends, threats, and new technology. Develops plans to address IT disruptions due to emergencies or data loss.
- Devises and establishes IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by administration.
Performs direct technology work.
- Performs day-to-day technology activities.
- Responds to emergency calls.
- Maintains continuing review of overall technology.
Provides staff leadership for the technology staff.
- Assists in the selection and placement of IT staff.
- Trains, and supervises all technology personnel.
- Coordinates workload and delegates duties.
- Leads team in problem solving and motivates team to achieve goals.
- Supervises staff and contractors performing special projects.
- Evaluates performance.
Performs other administrative duties.
- Implements school policies and procedures.
- Manages technology budget.
- Evaluates cost effectiveness of technology needs.
- Reviews costs and assists in preparation of budget requests.
- Builds relationships with vendors.
- Maintains a safe environment for IT users and strives to meet their needs.
- Supports the school’s strategic plan and adheres to school policies and procedures.
- Complies with personnel policies. Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates willingness to support change for the improvement of services to students and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information System, Instructional Technology, Educational Media, Computer Science or related field
- 2 years IT experience
- Knowledge of computer systems; networks; Windows and Macintosh platforms is required.
- Demonstrated communication, organization, and time management skills are necessary.
- Supervisory or managerial experience preferred.
- Ability to attain required level of sign competency as appropriate.
Salary range: $66,000-$103,000. Salary will be determined by the successful candidate’s educational and experiential qualifications.
Work location is at the Iowa School for the Deaf campus in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Iowa School for the Deaf/Iowa Educational Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. A Board of Regents, State of Iowa Program.