2021's Awarded - UNbelievable Workplaces
The Maintenance Mechanic (Packaging) is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of all plant equipment. The individual in this position is responsible for identifying and troubleshooting equipment breakdowns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function.
• Maintain and repair plant equipment including mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. Troubleshoot issues with machinery and equipment.
• Perform setups and changeovers of machinery.
• Ensure that all standard operating procedures related to equipment set-up and changeover process are accurate.
• Responsible for reducing downtime associated with the lines within the assigned zone.
• Identify, report, and correct potential and actual safety issues within the assigned zone.
• Confirm all lockout tag out is accurate for equipment within the zone.
• Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of equipment within zone. Report and track preventative maintenance activities.
• Maintain and adjusts low voltage (less than 50V) photo-eyes, sensors, proximity switches, etc.; perform 3 phase wiring and control circuits.
• Assist in the installation of machinery.
• Maintain and repair pumps, valves, meters, gauges and piping.
• Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area, machines, and equipment.
• Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness. Understand and apply lean manufacturing tools and methodology to collaborate on continuous improvement activities.
• Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
• Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
• Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
• Demonstrate excellent project coordination skills, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrate strong mechanical skills and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Learn how to effectively run all of the equipment within the assigned zone(s).
• Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to resolve practical problems.
• Operate a computer—PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and reporting software effectively.
• Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
• Understand written instruction and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
• Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and prioritizing production needs.
• Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
• Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
• Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
• Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
• Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
• Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
• Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
• Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
• Use good judgment when making decisions.
• Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
• Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.
• Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Remain in a stationary position while observing or monitoring product coming off the line.
• Transport products, materials, and parts weighing up to 65 pounds when moving products from pallet or label location to the line.
• Manipulate products on pallets using force of up to 35 pounds.
• Position oneself to access lower levels of the line when trouble shooting, loading cartons in the case packer, retrieving items from ground level, and picking up pallets or products on the lowest level of a pallet.
• Work effectively atop elevated workspaces.
• Reach overhead when handling labels and reach forward when handling items on the line, replacing labels or working on the computer.
• Ascend/descend stairs/ladders to climb over machinery and access elevated workspaces and equipment.
• Operate, position, and use a wide variety of hand tools and equipment.
• Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and have the ability to exchange detailed information.
• Move about the manufacturing facility when monitoring the line and machinery, filling labels, and filling box making component, and when communicating and working with other associates.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
• The individual will be expected to work in a manufacturing and production environment, which may include being exposed to work in high/precarious places, moving machinery, marked changes in temperature and humidity, and dust, odors and fumes. Typical noise level is loud.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.
Position Type: Full-time
Teenage Jobs : Hires 18 +