2022's Awarded - UNbelievable Workplaces
Will Be Announced In February 2022
The Warehouse Material Handler is responsible for operating a powered industrial truck and other machinery to move products, materials and supplies from one area to another and load items onto trucks, shelves, racks, and pallets. The individual will be expected to work in a warehouse environment, which may include being exposed to work in high/precarious places, moving machinery, marked changes in temperature and humidity, and dust, odors and fumes. Typical noise level is loud
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function.
• Safely use powered industrial trucks and other machinery to efficiently transport materials and products.
• Use the company’s warehouse management system (WMS) to accurately record movement of materials and products.
• Safely and efficiently load and unload trailers, shelves, racks, and pallets.
• Accurately inventory materials and product.
• Weigh materials and products and record weight on tags, labels, and production schedules.
• Conduct daily safety check off sheets on material handling equipment: recharge batteries and fill fuel tank.
• Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area, machines, and equipment.
• Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
• Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
• Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
• Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
• Exhibit familiarity with warehouse work environment and applicable safety procedures
• Possess physical strength necessary to move and lift heavy materials.
• Safely operate powered industrial trucks (e.g., forklifts, high lift trucks) and other material handling equipment.
• Use a handheld computer unit to access the company’s WMS.
• Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
• Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to resolve practical problems.
• Understand written instruction and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
• Logically troubleshoot issues and prioritize production needs.
• Excellent problem solving capabilities and ability to identify problems immediately and resolve matters quickly and effectively.
• Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
• Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
• Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
• Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
• Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
• Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
• Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
• Use good judgment when making decisions.
• Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
• Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.
• Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• High school degree or GED, or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
• Must be able to obtain forklift license through Warren Distribution.
• Experience with material handling machinery and warehouse operations is highly desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Remain in a stationary position while loading and unloading products in various areas of the warehouse.
• Regularly move about while unloading trucks.
• Transport products weighing up to fifty-five pounds when unloading trucks.
• Use force between twenty-five and forty pounds when using pallet jacks to manipulate product.
• Position oneself to retrieve products or materials from ground level.
• Reach overhead when unloading drums from semi-trucks.
• Operate, position, and use a wide variety of hand tools and equipment, including forklifts.
• Ascend/descend stairs/ladders when getting in/out of fork truck and using ladders to access high shelves to put labels away and/or rearrange product.
• Must be able to move about in a warehouse and manufacturing facility to observe and effectively communicate with team members and perform job duties.
• Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and have the ability to exchange detailed information.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
• The individual will be expected to work in a warehouse environment, which may include being exposed to work in high/precarious places, moving machinery, marked changes in temperature and humidity, and dust, odors and fumes. Typical noise level is loud.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.
Position Type: Full-time