At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Professionals at this level have excellent communication skills with clients, co-workers and community entities. This individual will have a high level of detail-orientation and a willingness work with clients and a variety of pay sources to ensure coverage for services. Specific project, program or office responsibilities may occur at this level.
Compensation: starting at $19.74 per hour and is increased upon years of experience.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Assist in Recovery Support Services which addresses barriers to client’s treatment.
- *Provide direct intake/assessment of client’s presenting problem and barriers to recovery.
- *Provide information and referral to address client needs.
- *Provide internal and external referrals to services as needed.
- *Assist Behavioral Health Director and therapists in fee collection systems, may include teaching budgeting classes to clients.
- *Maintain all contact documentation and billing information within the state web-based reporting system and provides internal reports as needed.
- Check client benefits with insurance companies.
- *Works with clients to ensure Medicaid/insurance coverage and that client understands coverage.
- *Available to assist evaluation clients with pre-screening paperwork.
- *Enter collected data into computer database, schedule intake/follow-up appointments and update information as
- *Complete and process "Release of Information" forms to obtain necessary clinical and other data significant to a client's
- *Maintain a system of records and reports necessary for statistical documentation of referrals and the tracking of clients from initial inquiry through admission to agency, or advisement of appropriate external resources. Prepare monthly statistical
- *Provide problem solving and crisis intervention to clients.
- *Provide referral and coordination for issues which may interfere with therapy attendance, including making follow-up phone calls to clients who miss their appointments.
- *Maintain all reports required of the position.
- *Display a comfort level in working with stressful individual/family dynamics.
- *Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the agency.
- *Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company physical work site.
- *Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in counseling, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record.