At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
- Trauma Informed work environment extends to employees and clients
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Schedule includes work from home option
- Clinical Supervision provided at no cost
- Employer paid training opportunities on Clinical topics, modalities, and Evidence Based Practices
- Flexible leave
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Insurance includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Voluntary Critical Illness, and Accidental coverage.
- 401K Retirement
- Casual Work Environment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee discounts and community perks available
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Therapists at this level will work with clients who are in need of counseling for mental health, substance use, and problem gambling. Primary responsibilities include assessment, individual therapy, and group therapy. Weekly individual supervision is provided, and case consultation and/or group supervision is also provided at least monthly. Clinical Training opportunities are available to support growth and expansion of therapeutic modalities such as EMDR, DBT, Sand Tray, MRT, Gottman, and more.
Compensation: $44,000 to $62,000 (per year) based upon experience.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with one evening.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs comprehensive pre-treatment assessment, including 5 axis diagnostic impression and treatment recommendations; refers if other services are needed.
- Establishes a treatment plan, with client participation, which specifies treatment goals and objectives
- Provides counseling to individuals, couples, children and families in group or individual settings dependent upon program clinician is working in.
- Handles cases of increasing complexity.
- Provides mental health crisis intervention as needed.
- Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Maintains relationships with referral sources.
- Maintains clinical record, meeting established standards of timeliness and completeness.
- Is prompt and accurate in completing all required reports, statistics and other requirements.
- Meets clinical requirements of third party payers (authorizations, reviews, documentation) and provides information necessary for prompt and accurate billing.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
VALUES OF ALL HEARTLAND FAMILY SERVICE EMPLOYEES
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company physical work site.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Marriage & Family Therapy
- LMHC, LMSW, LMFT or provisional licensure required
- Valid drivers license/ acceptable driving record