At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Intensive case management services will be provided to all clients with the purpose of coordinating and attaining health care goals. Decision making, problem solving, and highly developed interpersonal skills are critical.
Compensation range: $17.95 to $23.33 (per hour), based upon experience.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (flexible schedule and work from home available)
- Works directly with member to assess holistic health care and social service needs; Client strengths, abilities and desires.
- Develops care coordination plan with the client that is realistic, achievable, goal oriented, and focused on client needs and desires
- Demonstrates ability to effectively assist clients in addressing barriers by utilizing community resources and health related information.
- Coordinates services, resources, information with client, and on behalf of client when needed.
- Assist in addressing barriers to client’s treatment.
- Maintain all contact documentation and billing information within internal reporting system and provides internal reports as needed.
- Provide problem solving and crisis intervention to clients.
- Provide referral and coordination for issues which may interfere with therapy attendance, including making follow-up phone calls to clients who miss their appointments.
- May provide transportation to clients for appointments.
- Maintain all reports required of the position.
- Interacts with primary care providers, behavioral health providers and other social service providers to make needed connections for services, provide a conduit for information sharing and organizes case conferences to bring providers together to review the care of mutual members.
- Works within the team model, utilizing the expertise of the team members when appropriate for each client.
- Provides problem solving and crisis intervention services to empower clients to develop skills necessary for a healthy living.
- Maintains required records and statistical information.
- Works in the community, in client homes, attends meetings and assists clients as needed.
- High energy, passion for serving people, wants to make a difference, assertive, willing to push normal processes to enhance care of clients
- Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills in developing rapport with clients and community professional resources.
- Evaluates efficiency and effectiveness of community service providers on an ongoing basis to ensure clients are receiving quality care.
- Local travel: 75% in community providing outreach services
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field and two years experience
- Demonstrates a high level of social work skills, practice and knowledge.
- Valid driver’s license/ acceptable driving record