At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed, values, and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives.? Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of?working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Heartland Family Service Crisis Stabilization Community-Based Services (CSCBS) provides treatment and support to clients to help them stabilize and remain within the community they live. Staff will have the ability to sign up for weekend and holiday coverage according to their availability. Frequency of coverage is extremely flexible. Experience in case management and/or crisis counseling is preferred. Professionals at this level have excellent communication skills with clients, co-workers, and community entities. Decision making, problem solving, and highly developed interpersonal skills are critical.
Compensation: $75 per hour.
Work Schedule: on-call weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Flexibility to meet with people in many different circumstances and levels of crisis.
- *Provides crisis intervention and assessment. Determines client needs and makes recommendations and referrals to the appropriate levels of care. Assessments are provided on-site, face to face, or via telehealth.
- *Conducts a mental health evaluation and documentation to be completed within hours of crisis call.
- Maintains relationships with law enforcement agencies, courts, hospitals, and other key community resources, as well as provide referrals to clients.
- Ability to be meet with enrolled clients daily via in person session or telehealth during scheduled weekend and Holidays.
- Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Refers to other Heartland Family Service programs and other community services, as necessary either concurrent with services or for aftercare.
- Maintains clinical records, meeting established standards of timeliness and completeness including developing and updating a short-term stabilization plan.
- Is prompt and accurate in completing all required reports and other requirements.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains, and shares an appropriate and dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job are to be performed remotely from home on the HFS remote worksite.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Marriage & Family Therapy
- Two years or more experience
- Iowa licensed required- LMHC or LISW required (provisional will be considered)
- Valid driver’s license/ acceptable driving record