Children's Square USA is hiring for a Director of Psychiatric Residential Treatment Services. This position will be a full-time position with a salary range starting at $60,000, depending upon skills and experience.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the overall design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Psychiatric Residential Treatment program. This includes: clinical oversight, supervision, compliance with Federal and State laws, licensing, certification and accreditation standards, funding, contract and grant administration. Development and administration of policies and procedures, program descriptions, personnel, financial planning and budgeting, public relations and marketing, facilities management and risk management.
Responsible for determining organizational goals, acquire and allocate resources to carry out a program, coordinate activities toward goal achievement, and monitor, evaluate, and make needed changes in processes and procedures to improve the likelihood of goal achievement.
- The Director of Psychiatric Residential Treatment Services will provide effective leadership for the program by understanding and communicating the vision and mission of the organization to the assigned staff and the external communities. The Director will practice and model effective communication, building on strengths and using crises as opportunities for growth, and lifelong learning as a part of the changing and growing process.
- Design, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate overall program design, services and policies and procedures to carry out the psychiatric residential services program consistent with the mission, goals and plans of the agency. Coordinate and integrate the program and services with other agency programs and services as applicable.
- Develop and, on a continuous basis, improve systems directed towards successful outcomes for children and families including daily review, performance improvement, utilization review and management, licensing and accreditation. Submit for review and approval related documentation, reports and actions plans as needed.
- Fosters a supportive work environment promoting the health and wellness of staff and program participants and maintain contact and open communication with youth.
- Plan and oversee staffing requirements for Psychiatric Residential Programs including health and welfare of staff and program participants, positions needed, qualifications, performance standards, and job descriptions to ensure qualified and competent staff to provide program services.
- In coordination with Human Resources, perform first and second level administration and supervisory responsibilities, for employees and as appropriate for volunteers, including hiring, orientation, performance management and disciplinary action consistent with state and federal laws and appropriate employment practices and organizational policies and procedures. Ensure that Human Resources activities are conducted and documented on a timely basis.
- Develop and administer the operating and capital budgets for the psychiatric residential programs within acceptable financial procedures and parameters.
- In coordination with Human Resources, develop, implement and monitor program orientation, in-service training, staff development plans including recognition, training, and career paths for all psychiatric residential staff consistent with competencies needed for program services and consistent with licensing and accreditation standards.
- As a leader in the organization, collaborate across all service lines and departments to fulfill the mission of Children's Square U.S.A.
- Utilizes Performance Quality Improvement methods to assist the organization in meeting quality improvement priorities. Contributes to developing outcomes and indicators for setting targets; participates in data collection; interprets data and applies data analysis towards improvement of practices and outcomes. Uses determined client data outcomes to improve service delivery to families and children.
- Coordinate with Development to produce public relations and marketing brochures and other material related to Psychiatric Residential Programs.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with community, professional and governmental organizations and representatives, and with staff in other agency programs and affiliates. Represent the agency at meetings relevant to Psychiatric Residential Treatment Programs or as assigned by the Senior Director of Programs and Services.
- Conduct necessary risk management and safety activities for Psychiatric Residential Programs and oversee effective risk mitigation promoting the health and wellness of staff and program participants.
- In conjunction with operations, ensure appropriate physical resources including equipment, space and other resources are in place to deliver program services. Ensure facilities are safe, clean, and well maintained.
- Complete all mandatory training and other training, conferences and seminars, as requested by the Senior Director of Programs and Services.
- Active participation in national initiative and collaborations regarding quality residential care for children with behavioral and mental health needs to lend to innovation, high quality services and best practices.
- Collect statistics and implement all PQI procedures
- Other job-related responsibilities as requested by the Senior Director of Programs and Services.
- Facilitate team meetings and promote a positive working environment.
- As needed, effectively utilize and supervise volunteers assigned to the program.
- May at times be assigned a therapy caseload.
- Participate in program on-call as assigned.
- Be an excellent role model for staff and residents.
- Carryout necessary risk management functions for the agency.
- Direct all activities to serve the mission of Children's Square U.S.A.
A qualified candidate may have experience and/or education in areas such as:
- A Masters Degree in social work, counseling, or related field, and at least two years of supervision or counseling experience in a public or private social services agency in provision of therapy services, psychiatric residential services, or other related social services.
- Or, a registered nurse (or higher) with one or more years of experience in treating persons with mental illness;
- Or, a licensed occupational therapist with one year or more experience in treating persons with mental illness;
- Or, a psychologist with experience in treating persons with mental illness;
- Knowledge of psychiatric services, residential treatment, childcare practices and trends, group and individual counseling, processes and practices.
- Ability to plan, design, implement and evaluate programs.
- Strong supervisory, management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills appropriate to a director-level position.
- Flexibility and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with people in a supervisory and administrative capacity.
- Ability to translate licensing, accreditation and contract requirements into program policies, procedures and practices.
- Specialized knowledge and skills in child welfare and family life services, based on, but in addition to, social work practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of child and adolescent growth and development needs, and familiarity with deviations from usual development patterns.
- Knowledge of other professional devices, community resources, and legislation pertaining to children and families.
- Skills for working collaboratively with other professional and non-professional workers involved in comprehensive services for children and their families.
- Valid drivers license, own vehicle and automobile insurance that meets agency policy.
- Ability to interact to clients and children with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics in the service population.