Children’s Square USA is a multi-program, human services agency serving youth, children and families. We employ caring, dedicated individuals at all levels to ensure quality care for our kids and their families.
The Children’s Center and Children’s Center-Scott Street are seeking Early Childhood Educators. These creative, high energy individuals work with children ages six weeks to six years, teaching the most basic of skills and concepts. Our Early Childhood Educators lay foundations in motor skills, language, mathematics and sensory knowledge. They instill a love of learning and foster active imaginations to inspire children to reach for the stars.
As an Early Childhood Educator, you will work with small groups of young children to navigate outside play, story times, arts and crafts, circle time, meals and nap time. You will also be in charge of hygiene and helping little ones learn to brush their teeth, wash their hands and toilet training. Early Childhood Educators teach young ones to interact and socialize, play together, and make friends. Each Educator receives extensive training in child development and teaching young children.
Early Childhood Educators benefit from a career ladder. Education and Experience determine starting pay, and with more training and experience, become eligible for raises.
All employees must have a High School Diploma (or equivalent), pass criminal history, child abuse, and sex offender checks and complete a physical and TB test.
Come start your career with us! Full time and part time positions available.
As an Early Childhood Educator at Children’s Center, you will receive extensive training in:
- First Aid and CPR
- Mandatory Reporting
- Universal Precautions
- Infant and Toddlers Environmental Rating Scale
- Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale
- And others through CCR&R.
Join the dedicated team of Early Childhood Educators at Children’s Center and get hands on experience with:
- High Scope Curriculum
- Classroom Management
- Lesson Planning
- Child Development
- Anecdotal records
- Physical Development
- Cognitive and Social Development
- Potty Training
- Infant and Toddler Care
- Communication with Parents and Professionals
- Childhood Nutrition
- Childhood Hygiene
- Preschool Preparation
- School-Age Experiential Learning
- Ensures the safety of the children at all times
- Organizes and leads activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development
- Interacts with children at their level (stoop and bend) both physically and verbally throughout the day
- Observes and responds to children’s needs, emergencies, and conflicts that might occur in a classroom, on the playground, in bathrooms, or in common areas
- Helps children with personal hygiene and with keeping classroom clean and organized
- Helps prepare and serve student meals and snacks
- Manages supplies and ensures orderly work areas
- Meets with parents, staff, and administration and attends staff meetings and other events as needed/requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Child Development Associate Certificate
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Direct experience or training in the care of infants and/or very young children is preferred
- Must be able to meet infant and young children’s needs
- Must have knowledge of child development
- Must have knowledge of basic health care and positive methods of behavior guidance
- Must enjoy or derive satisfaction from nurturing infants or young children and must have the personal warmth, alertness, and attentiveness required in working with assigned age groups
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in written form with co-workers, children, and parents
- Must be mature and have the energy and flexibility to meet the changing needs of children
- Must be able to interact with clients and children with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics in the service population