Share My Smile
Job Title: Executive Director
Department: Program wide
Supervisor: Board of Directors
Reporting to and evaluated by the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans, after which time, the ED will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Share My Smile’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent high quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize Share My Smile volunteers, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Ensure effective systems and track progress, and regularly evaluate program components, to measure successes/results that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Effectively lead and manage staff and volunteers with support of the Board.
- Oversee programming operations of current and future SMS programs.
- Manage strong communication plans and social media platforms.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Share My Smile's mission. All candidates should have leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Degree in Business Management, Nonprofit Administration, or equivalent degree.
- Leadership and management experience required
- Nonprofit experience required (Professionally or Volunteer Experience)
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
Preferred/Highly Desired Qualities:
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Benefits, Support and Professional Development:
- Base Salary, Negotiable: $31,200
- 32-40 Hours Per Week with flexible hours
- Schedule/time can flex within a one week period
- Unless decided upon in their own set schedule, weekends off except for organization events and special engagements.
- Federal Holidays off, paid
- Paid Time Off 14 days annually plus December 22nd - January 5th when SMS is closed
- Our organization is a member of the Nonprofit Association of the Midlands (www.nonprofitam.org). The successful candidate will have access to NAM Professional Development resources and select NAM benefits.
Process to Apply
- Submit application via Google Forms: https://tinyurl.com/SMS-ED-ApplyToday
- Required Materials:
- Cover Letter