Children’s Square USA is a multi-program, human services agency serving youth, children and families. We employ caring, dedicated individuals at all levels to ensure quality care for our kids and their families.
The Omaha Foster Care Office is seeking Family Advocate Support Workers to work with Children in the foster care system and their biological families. This position will primarily work during day time hours. Some evenings and weekends may be scheduled.
Family Advocate Support workers are responsible for providing in-person weekly services to parents/families who are involved in the child welfare system. Family Advocate Support workers would be providing the service called Family Support to their clients. This service would be assisting clients with their case goals/expected outcomes and court orders that are necessary for reunification. Some client’s needs include: Locating employment, locating housing, budgeting, setting up resource assistance, getting to required evaluations/appointments, assisting parent in getting into treatment, accessing mental health services and helping parents sign up for parenting classes.
Family Advocate Support Workers work directly with the Biological Families to help work toward reunification. They may help a parent find stable housing, apply for benefits, find employment, or get their house ready for children to come home.
Learn how to navigate the child welfare and welfare systems, walk parents through positive discipline situations, and ensure the safety of all involved. Build relationships with children and families to become a trusted part of their Family Team.
A Bachelor's degree is required. Employees must pass criminal history, child abuse, and sex offender checks and complete a physical, TB test and drug screen. Vehicle liability insurance is required and will be discussed during interview. Own transportation required; mileage will be reimbursed.
- Meet one on one with parents/family to work on expected outcomes stated on the family support referral and any other needs or resources that are needed by the family that could include, but not limited to: Locating employment, locating housing, budgeting, setting up resource assistance, getting to required evaluations/appointments, assisting parent in getting into treatment, accessing mental health services and helping parents sign up for parenting classes
- Assist clients with problem solving and navigating through the system
- Drive to sessions in the community/family homes and sometimes transporting clients when needed during these sessions
- Written documentation is to be completed for all sessions as well as monthly reports
- Communication with other case professionals
- Other duties as needed
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision in potentially stressful situations
- Highly dependable to ensure visitations are conducted
- Personal characteristics and experiential background that will provide appropriate care for children
- Necessary stamina and temperament to work with children and youth (birth – 18 years of age) who are experiencing crisis and/or emotional and/or behavioral disorders
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately
- Must be able to follow and consistently implement the policies and procedures of the agency
- Must be able to provide appropriate care and supervision of youth at all times
- Valid driver's license with a driving record that is insurable under agency’s insurance
- If required and authorized to drive personal vehicle on agency business, must have automobile insurance that meets agency policy
- Must have no more than 3 points against his/her Nebraska driver’s license or meet comparable standard in the state where he/she is licensed to drive
- Must be able to interact and work cooperatively and effectively with other personnel and clients
- Must be able to show sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics in the service population
- Must be at least 21 years of age to satisfy contractual requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a Human Services field required