At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This Case Manager will serve as a direct care staff/case manager in a residential substance abuse treatment facility that serves women and their children. This position provides supervision and support to residents as a part of the 24 hour direct care staff, as well as case management services for assigned families. The case manager will be part of the team that provides education and support programming for women, their children and family members.
Compensation: $17.95 to $23.33 (per hour) based upon experience.
Work Schedule: part time, hours to be determined.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Provides supervision and support for program participants as a part of residential program staffing for 24 hour per day, 7 day per week schedule.
- *Assists staff in implementing case management activities and goals with and for WCC clients.
- *Participates in interdisciplinary family/case staffing to obtain information, provide information, and assist with service planning as needed.
- *Completes intake information with incoming clients.
- *Reviews case management activities, goals and rules with Program Coordinator.
- *Documents client activity, progress and needs per established record keeping procedures.
- *Participates in interdisciplinary family/case staffing to obtain information, provide information, and assist with service planning.
- *Implements case management plans and provides support services for program participants under the direction of Lead Case Manager and Program Coordinator.
- *Does follow-up with individual clients and updates goal planning as client goals change.
- *Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of facility, including monitoring residents’ activities.
- *Orients clients to WCC rules and addresses client non-compliance as necessary to create a safe and secure environment for other residents.
- Works as a team member with other program staff to provide trauma-informed care to clients.
- *Assists in facilitating educational participant support groups and children groups as assigned.
- Networks with community providers and other agency programs in order to assist clients in accessing needed community resources.
- *Remains knowledgeable of support group services that provide support services for persons with substance abuse problems and their families.
- Evaluates efficiency and effectiveness of community service providers on an ongoing basis to ensure clients are receiving quality care.
- *Develops supportive relationship with clients.
- Advocates for clients in the community.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Maintains required records and statistical information.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company physical work site.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Associates Degree in Human Services, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology or a related field required
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology or a related field preferred
- One to two years experience in human services field preferred
- Alcohol/drug abuse experience preferred but not required
- Valid drivers license/ acceptable driving record