At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed, values, and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Professionals at this level are experienced and expected to work with a minimum of supervision. Supervision of interns and students may be expected. Specific project, contract, program or office responsibilities occur at this level.
Compensation: between $51,700 and $72,400 (depends on experience)
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (with possible evenings and weekends)
Click to see benefits and company perks
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the Crisis Program Lead providing crisis intervention and assessment of clients for law enforcement. Determines client needs and makes recommendations and referrals to appropriate level of care. Assessments are provided on-site in the community.
- *Conducts a crisis focused assessment and/or screening.
- *Establishes an intervention plan, with client and law enforcement participation, which specifies immediate treatment needs and follow-up.
- Serves as a liaison and maintains relationships with law enforcement agencies, hospital emergency room and other key community resources. Develops and delivers presentations as needed for law enforcement and other community contacts.
- *Ability to handle complex cases.
- *Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings and overnight availability.
- *Conducts follow-up with clients and law enforcement to ensure that needs have been met.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Refers to other Heartland Family Service programs and other community services, as necessary either concurrent with services or for aftercare; follows up to complete referral.
- *Tracks and documents required contract data information for reporting and outcome purposes to funding source and internal program monitoring. Completes all case documentation for clinical and billing purposes.
- Maintains clinical record, meeting established standards of timeliness and completeness.
- Is prompt and accurate in completing all required reports, statistics and other requirements.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains, and shares an appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company physical work site or remote location as needed.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Marriage & Family Therapy
- Two years or more experience
- State licensure for mental health practice in Iowa and Nebraska (willing to be licensed in both states)
- Valid driver’s license/ acceptable driving record