2022's Awarded - UNbelievable Workplaces
Everyday FAMILY, Inc. sets out to ensure all children learn, grow, and develop to realize their full potential. Our team does this by empowering families to build a strong foundation and a healthy future through education, advocacy, support, and community connection. Are you looking to be an important part of making a difference in your community?
The Maternal Health Social Worker will provide psychosocial support to persons enrolled in the Maternal Health program in FAMILY, Inc.’s service delivery area. The Title V Maternal Health program strives to ensure more babies and parents can celebrate their child’s first birthday by lowering maternal and infant mortality and improving birth outcomes.
Duties and responsibilities
· Provide psychosocial services, listening visits, and non-medical care coordination via home and office visits (temporarily virtual due to COVID) for participants of the Maternal Health Program under the Title V Maternal and Child Health (MCAH) program
· Interpret depression screening and complete Medicaid presumptive eligibility applications
· Develop, implement, and evaluate individualized plans of care for a diverse client populations, including providing case management services within and outside of the agency as needed
· Facilitate appropriate referrals to programs and services provided by FAMILY, Inc. and community partners
· Evaluate and document effectiveness and outcomes of client care in an electronic health record.
· Assist Director of Public Health Services in documentation review to ensure compliance with the Iowa Department of Public Health and Iowa Medicaid Enterprise charting standards
· Maintain confidentiality of all families; appropriately communicate verbally and in writing with clients, fellow team members, health care providers, referral sources, funding sources, and other community resources.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, and work is typically performed indoors. The contractor will be required to travel from building to building and client homes in varying weather conditions. There may be exposure to communicable diseases, pests, rodents, domestic animals, smoke, and other in-home adverse environmental conditions. Most working hours are spent on company premises but daily time in client homes should be expected. The work schedule must be flexible to provide services when program participants are available. The schedule could include evening and weekend hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the contractor will frequently sit and stand. The contractor is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb steps, get down on the floor, and reach forward and above the head. The contractor regularly interacts with staff and the public and meets multiple demands and deadlines from several people. The contractor must move from place to place, building to building, and travel to attend meetings. Requires corrected vision and hearing within normal ranges.
FAMILY, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We RESPECT our employees and EMPOWER them to address the needs of our diverse community and team. We hire mission-driven people from diverse backgrounds who are interested in doing meaningful TEAMWORK. We are committed to growing and respecting a culture of inclusiveness and diversity.
Pay: $18.87 - $21.35 per hour
To be considered for this position, please Apply on Indeed by clicking the link below.
FAMILY, Inc. Jobs and Careers | Indeed.com
Position Type: Part-time