2023's Awarded - UNbelievable Workplaces
Everyday FAMILY, Inc. sets out to ensure all children learn, grow, and develop to realize their full potential. Our team does this by empowering families to build a strong foundation and a healthy future through education, advocacy, support, and community connection. Are you looking to be an important part of making a difference in your community?
The Maternal Health Social Worker will provide psychosocial support to persons enrolled in the Maternal Health program in FAMILY, Inc.’s service delivery area. The Title V Maternal Health program strives to ensure more babies and parents can celebrate their child’s first birthday by lowering maternal and infant mortality and improving birth outcomes.
Duties and responsibilities
· Provide psychosocial services, listening visits, and non-medical care coordination via home and office visits (temporarily virtual due to COVID) for participants of the Maternal Health Program under the Title V Maternal and Child Health (MCAH) program
· Interpret depression screening and complete Medicaid presumptive eligibility applications
· Develop, implement, and evaluate individualized plans of care for a diverse client populations, including providing case management services within and outside of the agency as needed
· Facilitate appropriate referrals to programs and services provided by FAMILY, Inc. and community partners
· Evaluate and document effectiveness and outcomes of client care in an electronic health record.
· Assist Director of Public Health Services in documentation review to ensure compliance with the Iowa Department of Public Health and Iowa Medicaid Enterprise charting standards
· Maintain confidentiality of all families; appropriately communicate verbally and in writing with clients, fellow team members, health care providers, referral sources, funding sources, and other community resources.
Position Type: Full-time