At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Heartland Bridges is a short-term transitional housing program designed to assist people with a diagnosed mental health or co-occurring condition while they transition to stability in the community. This position will serve as a direct care staff in a residential facility. The role of the Program Aide is to provide facility coverage, assist meeting the basic and service-related needs of clients and perform duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility.
Compensation: $13.94 to $18.13 (per hour) based upon experience.
Work Schedule: hours and shifts to be determined
Employee benefits and perks: casual work environment, flexible paid time off (for those that work 20 hours or more), paid four weeks FMLA and two weeks of caregiver leave (for those that work 30 hours or more), small team culture and collaboration, investment in continuous employee learning and development, strengths-based professional development and individualized coaching
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- *Complete enrollment/intake on eligible clients
- *Develop a supportive relationship with clients and respond to clients’ needs during scheduled shifts
- *Orients clients to Bridges program expectations and addresses client non-compliance as necessary to create a safe and secure environment for other residents
- *Psycho-educate clients on life, social and coping skills
- *Create and facilitate in-house client life- and social-skill building activities, and support groups
- *Provide problem solving and crisis intervention services to empower clients to develop self-sufficiency
- *Monitor client self-administration of medication and follows procedures of recording
- *Provides reports to Bridges staff regarding client activities and needs at shift change
- *Demonstrate knowledge of current community and HFS programs and resources to meet client needs
- *Utilize trauma-informed care, person centered and culturally competent principles in providing services to clients
- *Complete client room safety checks and searches
- *Ensure room readiness for new admits and room cleans post discharges
- *Assist with donation disbursement for successfully discharging clients
- *Responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of facility including staff office, bathroom, and client common areas
- *Place maintenance requests for facility repairs
- *Respond to emails, phone calls, and faxes in a professional and timely manner
- Able to work both independently, with little supervision, and as a part of a team
- Always display a courteous and caring attitude to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency
- Abide by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance
- Cooperate and collaborate with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff
- Develop personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media
- *Create, maintain, and share as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan
- *Strive to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company physical work site.
- Perform other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- High School Diploma
- Previous human service experience desirable, but not required
- Valid driver’s license/ acceptable driving record