Conduct pre- and post-testing of residential students utilizing selected assessment tool(s).
Maintain assessment data; prepare and submit reports as required by Title I.
With very limited notice, be prepared to provide instruction to general education and special education students in Grades 1-5 on a short-term basis.
With very limited notice, be prepared to provide instruction to general education and special education student in Grades 1-12 on a short-term basis.
Provide an appropriate instructional long-term program for students in Grades 6-12; collaborate with other educators to provide the most appropriate educational program for students.
Assist with special education evaluation of students as needed.
Promote a positive learning atmosphere which enhances a learning environment for all students and a positive team environment.
Communicate in a professional and effective manner with teachers, administrators, residential staff, students, support personnel, parent(s)/guardian(s), and professionals from other community schools and agencies. Prepare reports that communicate student progress to staff, parent(s)/guardian(s), and other professionals as appropriate.
Maintain pertinent information in student records. Treat student information confidentially and disseminate according to Agency policies and procedures.
Attend and actively participate in all appropriate meetings, conferences and staffings.
- Complete job-related tasks or responsibilities as assigned by Director of Education.
- Promote a positive team environment.
- Complete training required for position.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Education and endorsement in Special Education.
- Must meet certification standards established by the Iowa Department of Education.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to develop appropriate curriculum, deliver classroom instruction, and manage student behavior.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of word processing and proficient computer skills.
- Knowledge of word processing and possess computer skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Valid driver's license with a driving record which is insurable under Agency's insurance.
- If required and authorized to drive personal auto on Agency business, must have automobile insurance that meets Agency's policy.
- Ability to interact with clients and children with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics in the service population.