STARTING AT $14 AN HOUR!
Children’s Square USA is a multi-program, human services agency serving youth, children and families. We employ caring, dedicated individuals at all levels to ensure quality care for our kids and their families.
The Residential Psychiatric Treatment program and Children’s Emergency Shelter are seeking Youth Workers to spend time with children birth through 18 years. These individual work hands on with youth to teach life skills, emotional management skills, provide behavior management and to carry out treatment plans, and care plans. Youth Workers are tasked with providing safety and supervision to groups of children during times when their normal living situation cannot be maintained.
As a Youth Worker, you will learn how to manage a crisis and calm down individuals who are angry or unable to manage other emotions. You will lead groups designed to teach skills and help children learn to communicate and interact appropriately. Most importantly, you’ll learn to build relationships with youth that help build a foundation for them to heal.
Come start your career with us! Full time positions available.
HIRING BONUS! $500
A bonus will be paid to people who apply from January 15, 2021 and are subsequently hired as full time Youth Workers. The bonus will be paid in 2 equal installments - the first will be following 60 days of active employment, the second will be after 6 months of employment.
Youth Workers benefit from a career ladder. Education and Experience determine starting pay.
All employees must have a High School Diploma (or equivalent), pass criminal history, child abuse, and sex offender checks and complete a physical and TB test.
As a Youth Worker in Children’s Square’s Residential Treatment and Children’s Emergency Services Shelter you will receive extensive training in
First Aid and CPR
Mandatory Child Abuse Reporting
- Physical Aggression
- Problematic Sexualized Behavior
- Self Harm and Suicidal Ideations
Self Care Strategies
Join the dedicated team of Youth Workers at Children’s Square and get hands-on experience with:
- Behavior Management
- Child Development
- The PsychoEducational Model of Treatment
- Therapeutic Relationships
- Life Space Interviewing
- Emotional Co-Regulation
- Natural and Logical Consequences
- Child Welfare
- Interdisciplinary Cooperation
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice
- Infant, Toddler, Child and Adolescent Care
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication in Crises
- Teaches life skills daily and implements each student's treatment plan
- Assists other Youth Workers in providing safety and ongoing supervision, counseling, teaching, and support of youth in the unit
- Assists the team in ongoing documentation, communication, and monitoring of significant events of the youth and communicates this information to team members
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- One year of relevant experience preferred
- Knowledge of child care practices, human growth, and development issues including an understanding of the range of treatment needed by the youth served
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Personal characteristics and experiential background that will provide appropriate care for children to win their respect, to guide them in their development, to manage a home for them effectively, and to participate in the overall treatment program designed for them
- Necessary stamina and temperament to work with children and youth (birth – 18 years of age) who are experiencing crisis and/or emotional and/or behavioral disorders
- Able to be trained in basic skills in first aid and the identification of medical need
- Must be able to provide appropriate care and supervision of youth at all times
- Must be able to follow and consistently implement the policies and procedures of the agency
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately
- Valid driver's license with a driving record that is insurable under agency’s insurance
- If required and authorized to drive personal vehicle on agency business, must have automobile insurance that meets agency policy
- Must be able to interact and work cooperatively and effectively with other personnel and clients
- Must be able to show sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics in the service population