Red Giant Oil Company LLC, a HollyFrontier business, located in Council Bluffs, Iowa, is seeking a Transport Driver. Reporting to the Transportation Manager, the Transport Driver is responsible for the safe and reliable transportation and handling of petroleum products at company-owned sites and customer locations. Drivers are responsible for the proper and efficient completion of assigned duties and operation of his or her vehicle within company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Regional delivery - home most nights and weekends
PAY AND BENEFITS:
- $3,000 sign-on bonus paid after 6 months
- Paid $0.55 per mile when driving and $19.00 per hour for all time loading & unloading product, training, when broken down or other applicable work performed, plus per diem for overnight stays! Additional $2.00 per hour for any fueling work performed.
- $1,000 Quarterly Safety Bonus Program (potential $4,000 a year)
- Full Benefits Portfolio :
- Medical, dental & vision coverages available for you and your family
- Company-paid life insurance at twice your annual salary (absolutely no charge to you)
- 401k plan with competitive company match and additional employer retirement contribution based on your years of service
- Paid time off including vacation, 9 sick days and a floating holiday
- Designated equipment - We're proud of our equipment and we know our drivers are too. Each driver is assigned their own tractor for use in delivering our products.
- Convenient onsite Maintenance Shop for all repairs, PPE, computer access
- Company-paid DOT medical certifications, training & gear/uniforms for the life of your employment
- Company-issued cell phone and credit card for applicable use
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Safe and legal operation of a commercial motor vehicle
- Safe and timely transportation of freight to and from destination
- Operate controls for loading/unloading product at a variety of sites
- Maneuver hoses in, around and through all types of equipment as needed
- Climb ladders to open/close dome lid (must be open for loading/unloading) on both trailers and railcars
- Inspect truck for defects and safe operating conditions
- Complete pre and post trip vehicle inspection reports per DOT regulations
- Complete written reports per manager’s request in accordance with company policy
- Verify Bills of Lading to determine nature of load and check for accuracy
- Submit written report on truck condition after each trip in accordance with policy and DOT regulations
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving skills in difficult situations, weather, and tight-loading areas
- Report all incidents and accidents involving driver or company equipment
- Report delays due to breakdowns, weather, or emergencies
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of computer programs including Internet, email, electronic logs, and GPS navigation
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Safety Oriented
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Attention to detail
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Class A CDL with Tanker endorsement
- HAZMAT endorsement preferred
- 6 (six) months experience driving Class A equipment safely and reliably
- Regional and over-the-road for this position with some overnight travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position is performed in outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.