CB Career Acceleration is a program of the Council Bluffs Area Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Iowa Western Community College and community partners. This program is focused on our residents that are currently under or unemployed that are looking to start a skilled career.
The CB Career Acceleration provides opportunities for participants to start at any education or skill level and have a pathway of education all the way to employment opportunities. The program will provide financial support for each participant’s path.
- Direct Navigator support
- Basic Computer Skills classes (if needed) – Council Bluffs Public Library
- HighSet program (if needed)
- Career track training
- Resume preparation with E2E navigator
- Rock Your LinkedIn Profile workshop and setup help
- One year license to LinkedIn Learning
- LinkedIn – participant support group
- Interview with CB Chamber member(s)
- Under or unemployed
- Living under the poverty level
- Must be actively seeking to enter the workforce or advance a new career
- No college degrees
- Career interest in available career paths and available cohort
- A resident of Pottawattamie County
- Interested in working in Pottawattamie County
- Must be eligible to legally work in the United States
- Must also qualify for Education 2 Employment
We will walk any interested participant through the simple steps of applying and getting started with direct navigation.