CB Career Acceleration is a program of the Council Bluffs Area Chamber of Commerce. This program is focused on our residents that are currently under or unemployed that are looking to start a skilled career.
The CB Career Acceleration provides opportunities for participants to get assistance during their journey of education all the way to employment opportunities. The program will provide support for each participant’s path to remove barriers they may be experiences and provided them with continued education opportunities. Individuals that participate in CB Career Acceleration will also be put in direct contact with hiring businesses in their completed education fields.
- Direct Navigator support
- Basic Computer Skills classes (if needed) – Council Bluffs Public Library
- HighSet program (if needed)
- Career track training
- Resume preparation
- Rock Your LinkedIn Profile workshop and setup help
- One year license to LinkedIn Learning
- LinkedIn – participant support group
- Interview with CB Chamber member(s)
- Under or unemployed
- Living under the poverty level
- Must be actively seeking to enter the workforce or advance a new career
- No college degrees
- Enrolling in or ready to enroll/participate in a continued education opportunity
- A resident of Pottawattamie County
- Interested in working in Pottawattamie County or surrounding area
- Must be eligible to legally work in the United States
We will walk any interested participant through the simple steps of applying and getting started.